Thursday, May 31, 2007

The beginning of an era?

Well, hello everybody. Welcome to my little spot in internet land, I guess. This is, as the name implies, the College Hockey (& Other Stuff) Blog! I guess this first post will be dedicated towards the quick and dirty mission statement regarding what to expect from this blog in the future…

Here at tCH(&OS)B, we simply look to talk about D-I Men’s college hockey, and other stuff. Mainly college hockey though.

Anyway, I (hopefully along with a few correspondent bloggers [more on that later]) will try to keep my fingers on the pulse of college hockey, and post relevant stuff regarding the world of college hockey – a college hockey news and opinion aggregator without the blog technically being an aggregator, if you will. The posts here will feature college hockey news, notes, commentary, game scores, or just other stuff that I (or others) might deem as relevant or “cool.” Ultimately, I would like this blog to be a nice one-stop college hockey information spot. However, if that trip must be of the multi-stop variety, I hope this blog will shorten that trip for college hockey fans.

And as the “other stuff” thing states, I might toss up a post not related to college hockey to break the monotony once in a while.

Anyway, the blog is young, and I am open to change. On the right of your computer screen you will notice a nice bunch of links to assorted blogs and websites. If you know of any other college hockey blogs or websites I should toss up there (totally new or a replacement to blog for a currently-linked team-blog), please do not hesitate to tell me. Same as with the ascetics – if something looks not right or just plain ugly here, tell me as well.

Also, I don’t think I can do this on my own; I simply do not have the iron will like Chris has at the Western Collegiate Hockey Blog. I guess that I’m trying to say that I might need some help. If you are an avid blogger, or just somebody who loves college hockey, and you would like to be a correspondent blogger here, please (please!) notify me. My only requirement asks for keeping posts somewhat grammatically correct and somewhat journalistic (mainly, don’t be overly biased and don’t plagiarize.). Also, for kicks, tell me what region of the country or conference your posts will likely be about (if the posts will not just be general commentary).

So, here’s to hundreds of wonderful and hopefully coherent blog-posts in the near and distant future. :-)

Sincerely,

A(nthony). Allen Pollreisz
aallen.tchaosblog@gmail.com

5 comments:

dggoddard said...

Good luck with the Blog. The format is a good idea. I always toyed with same idea for a WCHA Blog in the last year, but decided to stick with my passion.

Nice looking Blog.

dg
LetsGoDU

Anonymous said...

The layout of your blog looks cool.

I highly recommend having Chris write all Minnesota Gopher Hockey articles.

I will bookmark your page, and visit often to get another angle on the College Hockey Scene

Runninwiththedogs said...

Best of luck to you. I would volunteer to assist you, but I have enough trouble thinking of ideas for my own site.

I'll add you to the links.

Oh, and careful with that Donald character. He's a loose cannon.

Tornado Towers said...

There is an old saying that you are known by the company you keep. Hitching your wagon to a crank like Donald is a pretty questionable start. Good luck with that.

Blog looks pretty good otherwise. I'll check back on a regular basis.

du78 said...

Nice job on the blog. Keep up the good work

College Hockey Tickets

Looking for great college hockey tickets? Front Row King and All Good Seats have lots of great sports tickets including NCAA hockey tickets.