Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Now Departing...

A quick update today regarding four new departures, all (except for one) courtesy of INCH.

North Dakota's Brian Lee has decided to sign with the Ottawa Senators. Lee, who totaled six goals and 53 points last season with the Sioux, was a first round draft pick for the Sens' in 2005.

Also, courtesy of the Lansing State Journal, Michigan State's Jim McKenzie has decided to go pro, joining North Dakota's Brian Lee with the Ottawa Senators. McKenzie notes that,

"(going pro) is what I've worked for my entire life - why I've had all the (shoulder) surgeries - to get this opportunity. No question, the financial situation was part of it. But this decision will help me try to reach my final goal, which is the NHL."

McKenzie, a native of Woodbury, MN, tallied 34 goals, 42 assists and 76 points in three seasons with Sparty.

Northern Michigan forward Mike Santorelli has signed a three year deal with the Nashville Predators potentially worth $1.1 million. Santorelli was a West second-team All-American last season, amassing 30 goals and 17 assists.

And as previously expected, Boston College's Cory Schneider will depart for the Vancouver Canucks. As Schneider notes in a BC press release,

"I've truly enjoyed each of my three seasons at BC and want to thank Coach York, his staff and the fans for everything they have done. It has been my goal to move on to the next phase of my career and I'm excited to now be a part of the Vancouver Canucks organization."

Schneider amassed a GAA of 2.053, 15 shutouts, and a save percentage of 0.923 in three seasons with the Eagles.

Edit: And before I forget (again), the NCAA Men's and Woman's Ice Hockey Rules Committee has recommended some changes, including the reduction (possibly elimination) of tie games. Read it here courtesy of USCHO.com.

No comments:

College Hockey Tickets

Looking for great college hockey tickets? Front Row King and All Good Seats have lots of great sports tickets including NCAA hockey tickets.